Friday, November 30, 2007

Thanks for the head's up?

Sorry for the brevity of this one, I promise I've got bigger stuff in the works, but I felt this deserved immediate attention:

GodisImaginary.com

It's a fifty-part proof of why God can't exist. I'm not sure I agree with it, but the premise is pretty interesting.

While I don't know that they're all legitimate and reputable (in my opinion, many cash in on the unrealistic nature of concepts most believe to be hyperbolic and metaphorical, anyway. No one thinks disobedient children should be stoned, which the bible says, so to attack that is like shooting fish in a barrel), it's an interesting concept. And I think introducing it as a series of organized arguments gives the claim at least some respectability.

Anyway, too volatile a topic for me to touch on right now while I'm busy and distracted. Ponder amongst yourselves.

xo

PS. If you missed the Republican YouTube debates and think this is interesting, check out the bible question from two nights ago, "Do you believe every word in the bible?" I enjoyed the spin and evasion... and Romney's general air of pompous douchebaggery.

1 comment:

Scott Olstad said...

Eh, I've read a lot of sites on the internet that try to disprove the existence of God, and while I do agree with the guy, his site is by far the worst one I've read. I didn't take time to read all 50 proofs, but the ten I selected at random all boiled down to the fact that God doesn't direct answer this guy's prayers. There are far more persuasive arguments to disprove God's existence than the fact that we can't command him to do our biding, but it doesn't seem like this guy took the time to do his research. However, if the site gets people to start asking questions, I suppose I can't complain too much.